Monday, February 9, 2009

Whoo!

Sorry for the extremely long delay. I've just been typing in every possible password and email address combination and have finally gotten back into the blog! Yay!

Anyways, Ireland is going very well. We just had our homestay weekend. It was a lot of fun, but I think that I may have caught a cold from the kids, which sucks. Also, I'm pretty sure that I wasn't warm all weekend.

I also finally have my class schedule worked out!

Monday-
10-12- Modern Irish
3-4- Women in Rome

Tuesday-
2-4- Applied Anthropology
4-6- Affliction and Healing (medical anthropology)

Wednesday-
5-6- Women in Rome

Thursday-
2-4- Modern Irish

Friday-
12-2- Ireland since 1800

Each class is worth 5 credits with the exception of Irish, which is 10 credits for a total of 30 credits. (what I need to take.. yay!) 2 hour classes suck. There's really no other way to put it. Irish wasn't too bad today, but really.. it's so long. And Tuesdays.. 4 hours of anthropology in a row like that. Ew. The classes are also a lot less discussion based and more lecture based than in the US. Apparently the Irish professor like having American students because they talk when the Irish students don't.

In other news, all of my roommates seem very nice. I don't see them too often, I think they all go home on the weekends. I've been hanging out with the other students from Arcadia, plus Patricia who we met here, mostly.

My room is adorable. Pretty much everything I need. Although I am having severe back pains from the state of my mattress...

Right now I'm dipping custard cream cookies into a jar of nutella and it's delicious!

I have some reading to do before class though so ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment