Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cold and wet...

So my flights went really well. The plane to Dublin wasn't even full so I was able to have the window and a smelly, yet very nice European man had the isle with a seat barrier. The extra leg room was nice! :C) I did end up taking CJ and Sophia in a pillow case so they're here with me now! Yay!

Haha.. anyways. Once I got off the flight I went through immigration and all that fun stuff. I had to wait approximately 30 seconds to get my luggage and found the aircoach thing with no problem. I got a tiny bit turned around walking to the hostel.. and my shoulder still hasn't recovered I think, but in the end I made it just fine and everything was nice.

Hostels are interesting. There are 4 of us in 2 bunk beds, so we all have our own bed and stuff, and we share a small bathroom. All that is fine, the problem comes with the lack of space for our luggage. We all packed for 5 months and there is not floor space for 4 people's shit for 5 months. We're making due though, we only have to stay here for a few days anyways..

So today we went to a group lunch and everyone seems pretty nice. There are only 5 people going to Maynooth and the rest are going to Belfast. But we're all doing our Arcadia orientation together. It's cute really. After lunch we walked around Dublin together. We went to Trinity College, tried to see the Book of Kells but the exhibit is closed until later in the new year, bitches. Then we went to the Archaeology Museum of Dublin and then to the Dublin Castle, which was closed because it's Sunday.

Tomorrow Arcadia paid for some type of sight seeing tour so we will probably get another chance to go to the castle. Yay! Right now I’m chilling in the downstairs lobby of the hostel and I think I’ll take a nap in a little bit. I’m trying to harass Jon to find Matt and make him get on aim. Most restaurants aren’t serving dinner tonight because it’s Sunday so I think we’re going to grab something quick on our own and then meet up later to go to a pub and hang out or something. Sounds like fun! :C)

1 comment:

  1. It's Friday night, shouldn't you be updating your blog?

    ReplyDelete